we watch a lot of animal planet these days - even the commercials have animals in them, which thrills The Dude, who is in his I Can Name That Animal phase.
When you're tagged on Animal Planet, it means you have a radio collar, or maybe a tiny camera mounted (harmlessly, I guess) on your forehead or under your chin.
So Renee tagged me. (Rather recently, as opposed to when Flip tagged me and it took like 3 months for me to think of anything to say.)
rules to play
1. players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
my 8 random factoids:
1. I share my birthday with Penn Jillette, and my exact birth date with Craig and Charlie Reid, The Proclaimers.
(oh, come on, there must be a better picture than that!)
(Ah, here's one.
2. I am a huge fan of The Proclaimers, and I've seen them 4 times. (They don't tour in the US very often.) We saw them in Annapolis on September 10, 2001.
3.I'm a huge fan of Richard Thompson, and I've seen him at least 6 times. (He comes to the US all the time.)
4. When I'm bored, I make my way through Finslippy's blogroll. It's how I discovered Whoppee.
5. I'm sitting here crying, no lie, because I took a moment to read Finslippy's Minty Bear post.
6. My child uses 'Momma' and 'Dadda' interchangably. This secretly pleases me.
7. My favorite thing in the Bible is the Book of Tobit. This book may not actually be in your bible. I read it at a Catholic retreat center, because I had forgotten my NIV. You should definately find a copy and read it.
Here's the cool thing about the Book of Tobit - my experience of reading it really reminded me how many identities I put on the Bible (you know: research tome, mash note from God, Magic 8-Ball) and how often I (by all accounts a literary sort) forget one of the primary identities: Book of Stories. I sat down and leafed through the bible, and this section caught mt eye, and honestly, it was just like God took me aside and said "You will not believe this! Listen to this story!"
8. I have not missed an issue of Vogue since 1979. (No, I don't still have them all.)
Sandy, who can post them in the comments.
Lori, who can do the same.
would April do this? (WWAD, anyway?)
Oh, what the hell - DJ and/or Rachelle, since they aren't busy at all.
Bonus factiod: My hair is no longer Special Effects USA Virgin Rose (as it was the last time I meme-ed.) It's now Feria Auburn Brown. This is very close to my pre-grey-patches natural color.