Thursday, March 13, 2008

Poop.

Several weeks ago, I became the excited owner of a mint-condition, all-pieces-intact 80s vintage knitting machine. But I had no place to set it up, what with all the moving furniture and the pulling up carpet and the repurposing of rooms. We've lived in this house for 16 years, and its housed numerous friends and almost equally numerous pets (and occasionally some friends' pets)(though not, to our knowledge, any pets' friends). Factor in the art projects, group meetings, creative collaborations and the fact that both Eric and I have supported ourselves working in the basement, and its clear that:

this has been a great house for us and
no wonder we have such a stunning amount of crap in here.

BUT It's been a great year for getting the house to work better and for getting out from under our stunning amount of crap.

So much so that I was able to set up the machine and give it a good cleaning tonight. (I was going to make fun of my husband for going to a magic event tonght, until I realized that my evening had been spent shouting "Swiper No Swiping!" and cleaning a knitting machine with Q-tips and alcohol. Who is the geekiest of them all?)

BUT NOW I CAN'T FIND THE DOCUMENTATION!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!

3 comments:

Jane Sandwich said...

Me want to see knitting machine!

Anonymous said...

but that's what the internets are for... google the name of the knitting machine. Bet the instructions are out there floating in the 1s and 0s....

Stacie said...

I miss the days of "Swiper, no swiping!"

(Your child is still young. You're entitled. With me it would be slightly creepy at this point.)

Also? I'm enthralled with the knitting machine.