1. How do you pray best, alone or with others?
with others, I THINK. (Perhaps you should ask the others!)
2. Do you enjoy the discipline of waiting, is it a time of anticipation or anxiety?
I have always been complete crap at waiting, whether its 'on the Lord' or 'for that order of pancakes'. I am far too anxious a person, and always pressed for time (I'm trying to change that.) The best strategy for me has been to schedule my waiting (and worrying) - I literally write a date in my calendar, and then I can tell myself "Ooops, I cannot worry about that right now - I've prayed about it, and I'll be worrying about it on May 15. Think about something else." Unbelievably, this helps me.
3. Is there a time when you have waited upon God for a specific promise?
Not sucessfully, that I can recall. (see above).
4. Do you prefer stillness or action?
Stillness and I are only glancingly acquainted. I have always thought that this meant I was spiritually shallow. I have a friend, a colleague in ministry, who has helped me loosen up about this.
5. If ( and this is slightly tongue in cheek) you were promised one gift spiritual or otherwise what would you choose to recieve?
Patience and long-suffering? Perhaps the ability to concentrate.
We have staff prayer once a week, and we take turns leading. It is not unusual for us to spend much of that hour in silence together. I'm sure I'm the only person in that circle who's brain is routinely hijacked by the theme song from Pinky Dinky Doo.
I am not the only one who has occasionally drifted off,