Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One:

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.



my husband joined Facebook about 20 minutes ago. He has 180 friends.

Ooops, 183.

2.
This is the cake I am currently baking for his birthday cake. Because 93% of the strangers on the internet who made it once would make it again.

3. My child has had a growing-up milestone, and I'm proud of it, but I can't tell you what it is. Because it's a milestone that decent parents would have made happen about 2 years ago. And we're doing a little happy dance about it, which exposes what pathetic parents we are. Regardless, I am happy.

4. 191.

5. Incidentally, only 2 other people from my high school class are on Facebook. Seriously? We are really that old and tech-averse? Really?

6. I really dig baking birthday cakes for people. I swear I would make cakes and send them to everyone by overnight mail if I thought the cakes would survive.

7. This is last birthday cake I baked - for The New Guy. It was very well received (which is not surprising, as it is mind-bogglingly delicious.) I recommend it, but only when/IF you have a large uninterrupted chunk of time to spend, since the presentation includes not only cake and frosting but also praline filling and a candied nut topping.

It takes even longer if you burn one batch of praline and have to start that part over.

It's really really good, though.

You know, when I sew, I always allow enough time to rip and re-sew at least one major seam, because my experience indicates that I'll attach something upside down and backwards. I should plan the same way when I make a complicated recipe.

No comments: