Friday Five! On Friday for a change!
1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?
How radically? All my life, I've been desparately curious what it's like to be a man - but that's a whole lot more than a change in 'physical appearance'.
On a more superficial note, I would love to see what it's like to be a conventional beauty - tall, small waist, great bust, shapely, with high cheekbones and full lips. I am uninterested in conforming to society's standards of beauty - mostly - but I wonder what life would be like in that body.
2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go?
It's not very creative, but I could have a whole lot of fun in 24 unencumbered hours in Manhattan.
3. You get to do somebody else's job for a day...
standup comedian or morning radio dj. Or the woman who organizes Fashion Week in New York.
4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...
My parents died 15 years ago. My mom was a very unusual person; I loved her, of course, but I still feel like she's kind of a mystery to me. So I'd love to have a chance to get to know her really well, see some of the influences that made her who she became, as opposed to just guessing at them. So maybe I would be Barbara Miller's freshman roomate at Vassar, 1941.
5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick?
The ability to stop time, so that I could get our home and my office completely reorganized while my husband and kid sleep. We could use the improvements, and they could use the extra sleep.