Saturday, December 06, 2008

Music from Noggin helps me feel less crazy. Slightly.


Afraid Parade! from Kelsey Friday on Vimeo.


Side note: I went to Youtube (yeah, always trouble, I know) to see if anyone has posted this video. No one had, but one of the alternate suggestions for a search - along with "afraid of Americans" (a Bowie song) and "Soft Parade" (of course) was:

afraid of pickles.

Which led to various clips from the Maury Povich show featuring a young woman who was (and apparently continues to be) afraid of pickles.

I think that may be the name for my all-girl band.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I wanna play bass, please.

(Why, no, I don't play. But like that would stop me? Puh-leeze.)

P.S. I'd be happy to learn, though!

betsy said...

I had thought I would play bass (I don't play either, so I choose bass as my imaginary instrument because of:

1. the violent femmes
and
2. ITS ONLY 4 STRINGS.

But perhaps I will be the mastermind, the Brian Epstein of Afraid of Pickles. (My fantasy name before was Sticky Valentines, which I might go back to. I anticipate a large lesbian following in either case.)

FuguesStateKnits said...

uh, I was a drummer in high school - had a recent gig at a retirement home...hint hint.
But I gotta say, the Wonder Pets sounds far better than Afraid of Pickles.
(The phone, the phone is ringing... the phone I'll be right there....The phone, the phone is ringing.. There's an animal in trouble, There's an animal in trouble, There's an animal in trouble Some. Where.)