Saturday, March 17, 2007

been on this train too long



I'm watching the rock and roll hall of fame inductions on VH1, and I am ashamed to admit this - I was the world's most fervent REM fan for about 20 years, since Rob Davenport made me that mix tape back when we both worked at the girl's camp in 1984.

I'm not ashamed to admit THAT.

I am a little ashamed to admit that I kind of forgot.

I'm sitting here watching the mini-retrospective that played as Eddie Vedder was talking, and I'm thinking "God! I love that album! ...God!! That song's great! Jeez! I haven't listened to that in...years!"

How could I go more than two years without listening to 'World Leader Pretend'? or 'The Wrong Child'? How is that possible?


by the way - wanna see some really great pictures? These are some fucking great pictures.

No comments: