Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Hair, again,

Yep, changed it again.

I buzzed and bleached last month, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I picked up July's Vogue a few days later, which showed Stella Tenant, looking super-fabulous and hip, with close-cropped hair aggressively peroxided and dark-rooted.

Again and again, I showed this photo to my hair, trying trying trying to convince it to behave and lay properly and look fashion-forward. With about a pound of product, it would occasionally comply. Most days, though, the combination of platinum, roots and shortness just looked unhygienic and possibly crazy.

Oh, how I wanted to like this haircut. Oh, how I wanted this haircut to be the answer, to become my signature style. So easy to maintain! So fabulously minimalist and European! The people in Vogue look great with dark roots! Linda Evangelista! Debby Harry!

Not me. It is not to be.

So I calmed it down with some dark golden blonde dye, something that bridges the gap between my medium-brown natural color and the 40-power rocker-girl white-blonde that I keep coming back to, again and again, for the last 26 years. I'm sure I'll be back to it again, but not just now.

And do you know why? Do you know why I am trying to look a little less crazy and a little less dirty?

I'll tell you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

okay. . .its tomorrow. . .WHY!?!?!?!?

soupablog said...

i give up, why?