Sunday, March 16, 2008

Best of the nets

1. Mrs. Kennedy interacts with her son:
Me: You know what? Whining isn't really the best way to get what you want in life.

Jackson: It isn't?

Me: No.

Jackson: I'm so confused.

Me: Uh . . .

Jackson: And normally it's very difficult to confuse me.



read it here, it's funny.

2. Twisty attends her father's funeral:
It was like the set designers from Twin Peaks and Napoleon Dynamite had fused with Elvis Presley’s interior decorator and been reborn as Liberace’s angst-ridden evil twin, who then suffered a psychotic break, and bought up the world’s supply of harvest gold flocked wallpaper, brass upholstery tacks, and fake oak paneling, and ate it all with fava beans and a nice Chianti, and then puked it up all over the living room from Sartre’s No Exit.
.

read it here.



3. My knitting machine looks kinda sorta like this: - different brand and specifics but that basic mechanism. Zillions of pictures here.

4. Hey! Celebrate with me! The manual which was lost has been found! Along with more parts! (When I was despairing, I searched on the web for the documentation, though not really exhaustively. Because, honestly, Easter's coming, and so my exhaustion must be saved for professional pursuits rather than recreational ones.)

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Holy crap, what do you knit with that? Also? Knit me something so I can carry it around with me and say proudly, "My uber cool friend, Betsy, made this for me."

As you can see, I'm not above begging :)

Also? I was told yesterday that I may be "the artist" for the new location our church is trying to set up. Even if I turn out to not be "the artist", I was honored to have made the short list! :)

Processing Counselor said...

Good luck with this and welcome to the Revgals!