Monday, March 10, 2008

In the News:

My sister-in-law in the DC City Paper

It's Gary Gygax's world, we just live in it (today's NYTimes)

My friend Paul looks like the kid from Everwood
but I didn't realize how much until he posted this old photo. Eerie, isn't it?

That is all.

EDITED TO ADD: No, it isn't. In the New Yorker that arrived today, a long report on magic and magicians in New York by Adam Gopnik, who's pretty great. I'm not a magician, but I'm close, and I am willing to say: Pretty well done so far.

It's REALLY HARD to write about magic - the particulars and especially the subculture - for regular people, in a way that's not beastly and not boring. The story itself is not on the web, but the abstract is here. The ending is particularly nice, but I guess you'll have to head to the newstand for that.

I had to dig up last week's issue, having somehow missed the excerpt from The Bishop's Daughter by Honor Moore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yike, that's a scary ass article about Charon, and yet a cool story about her and her dude.