Friday, April 24, 2009

more evidence of my awesome maturity

People who spin their own yarn apparently use a tool called an orifice hook. Yes, they do. It's true. I know this because someone who advertises on Ravelry mentioned them in her ad.

Disappointment: her Etsy shop is out of them, so there are no pictures there to reign in the imagination.

Tomorrow, if I get a chance, I will post the recipes for Eric's birthday cake and for the picnic fare that will proceed it.


FuguesStateKnits said...

There's a really pretty one here:

I suppose they're used for pulling the yarn from somewhere? Some "orifice" maybe????

betsy said...

This IS really pretty. Yes, that's what I imagined. And when I think orifice, what's the only other word that comes to mind?


I think that's a word we used in college to be both utterly vulgar and snooty at the same time.

Actually, there is another word that comes to mind that goes with 'orifice'.



FuguesStateKnits said...

Alrighty then! that was definitely WAY too much information!
But I'm happy for ya!