Saturday, January 30, 2010

lazy Saturday

Snow: 3 inches and still falling like crazy.
Husband: drove an hour to entertain at a one-year-old's birthday party in Frederick.
Entertainment here: Ice Age 3, the Emperor's New Groove.
Lunch: Avocado burritos
Also made: apple/cranberry cobbler - far from perfect (a little too wet, the topping isn't as crispy as I imagined, but hey - it's homemade cobbler. How bad can it be?)
and spicy Chai, in my seemingly eternal quest to make some as good as I get at Sorrettis for a dollar. I'm closer today than usual.

My son now - at nearly 6 - want to go out and play in the snow. I told him that would mean putting on a whole lot of clothes, to which he has in theory agreed. (I imagine he'll punt when he's about half-way dressed. I know I would. He has requested his 'turtletop'. (It's a long-sleeved knit shirt with that high neck...you call it something similar. We speak our own language here.)

No comments: