Tuesday, November 20, 2007

i can has a cleaning service?

The good news: we have some household help.

The weird news: it's my brother.

As I've mentioned, we're trying to do the Clean Sweep/Clean House/Mission Organization thing at our house. With a 2-year-old and a new business in the house, not to mention my couple hundred boxes of...stuff, this is pretty rewarding, but pretty difficult.

My brother (world famous author. Of BOOKS. Not to mention magazine articles and geez, really way too many letters to the editor) sometimes finds himself between assignments. So occasionally my husband hires him to do stuff - errands, computer work, sorting and hauling, and recently, housework.

My brother is GREAT at housework. Those of you who have shared housing with my brother may be surprised to hear this, but this man cleans a bathroom like no one I have ever seen. It's a miracle. (It's especially miraculous for me, since there is little I hate more than cleaning a bathroom.)

(Except cleaning a kitchen. He did that yesterday.)

I was sitting in the living room with Ian. My brother, smelling of Ajax and old raisins, came in carrying a dishpan full of soapy water. He leveled his gaze at me.

"I am cleaning your knobs," he announced.

We held it together for a good 20 seconds before beginning to snicker at how spectacularly dirty that sounded.

I am sad that I have no appropriate photo in my computer. I was dying to make an LOLSandy.

o hi. I m in yr kitchn
cleaning yr knobs.

No comments: