Sunday, February 11, 2007

Grammy update III

The Chili Peppers are incredibly boring. There's really no excuse - I don't think that 'low energy' is their normal setting.


So here's a picture of someone interesting. Though he's not on the Grammys this year, he's been on in the past, since every one of his albums has been nominated, plus he was the RIA Vice Chair for several years:

Kurt rules. This is Kurt Elling, composer, poet, music historian, great great great jazz vocal talent. Charming fellow. Just lovely.
his website.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Yay, I found your blog again (my link didn't work anymore; had to search through my comments to find your new one!)

I so very much agree with your assessment of the Chili Peppers being "low energy" (especially if "low energy" can be translated as "sort of sucking", which I think it can.) Made a tad bit sad.

Also, I want to be Mary J. Blige when I grow up.

soupablog said...

how's life?