Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You should cook this.

Fresh out of the oven:Cornmeal Crunch from 101 Cookbooks.

It's lovely - I just burned my mouth from over-enthusiasm. It's sort of a delicious savory custard with a crisy edge. I'm having it with some gigantic sliced mushrooms, which I sauteed in the same pan that I had used to carmelize the onions. So they're super-delicious, on their own, plus they're salty, so they make a nice counterpoint to the creamy/cheesyness.

I'll have most of it left, as Eric has taken the little darling to eat and play at the Chik-Fil-A, which they should rename You Can Get Really Good Milkshakes In Our Drive-Through. I am planning to feed it to the New Guy tomorrow at lunch...

Except our only device for heating it up is the microwave. Will this even be edible after being nuked?

Edited to add: This is a total winner. Survives reheating perfectly.

No comments: