Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Five: Taking a Break

In that spirit, I offer this Taking a Break Friday Five. Tell us how you would spend:

1. a 15 minute break
I stopped drinking coffee about 3 weeks ago. (I had some mild withdrawl headaches, but only for a couple of days. ) I mention this because, up until 2 weeks ago, my answer would have been 'out for a cup of coffee!'

and now it would be (sheepishly) 'facebook.'
2. an afternoon off
OH, you mean like YESTERDAY? Yesterday my husband and I went out for a burrito, then enjoyed an afternoon show of Coraline in 3d. I do enjoy an afternoon movie. I also enjoy a few childless hours at the Borders Books, Music and Inadvertent Reference Library, where for the price of a cup of tea, I read fashion and graphic design magazines, and then RESTOCK THEM. (I have spent enough money at that Borders over the years to feel absolutely no guilt about this.)

3. an unexpected free day
Bad weather: art museum.
Good weather: Wandering around a city, usually the Fells Point neighborhood of Baltimore. Both of these involve pastry.

4. a week's vacation
Well, since I'm imagining, I think I'll imagine that my son is well-cared-for for the week, and my husband is performing in New York City or Philadelphia. Or is lecturing or something. So that there would be time for adventures together but also for me to wander alone, write, take pictures, look at fabrics and trims, visit a historic church and a market like Reading Terminal Market.

5. a sabbatical
I think I would stay mostly put and take classes. Seminary or art school?

No comments: